Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bathroom Wall Art

Our bathroom was kinda bland and I wanted to do something fun and different with our wall decor. Most people have photos of toothbrushes or soap or like butterflies for some reason but I wanted something unusual. And I didn't want to spend a lot of money.


I came up with this idea because I saw a photo of someone who had framed a bunch of Hermes and CHANEL bags over a vanity. I loved it but I didn't have those types of high fashion bags from purchases just laying around. I had one Coach bag (from my wristlet) and one CHANEL bag (from my sunglasses) which clearly wouldn't have been enough... then I thought well.. I receive ELLE Magazine and that is full of high fashion!


I started going though the magazine and finding AWESOME ads that were glamorous and beautiful. They were ads that I knew if I had gorgeous supermodels in my bathroom I would be more motivated to be a little more glamorous every day. So here is where the project began...


SUPPLIES:

  • Magazines (I chose ELLE)
  • Scissors or X-Acto Knife
  • Picture Frames
  • White Paint
  • Picture Hangers
  • A Hammer
  • Nails
  • Ruler




DIRECTIONS:


1) Take the magazine and find the images you want to frame. You are going to have to compare them to the size of your frame. I chose four 8x10s, two 4x6s and one 3x5 of all different designs and colors. I bought them as Marc's and Walmart for around $2-$5 each. Once I had a stack of images that fit and I liked I cut them out with my X-Acto knife and set them aside.


2) This set was necessary because I had purchased frames that were not all the same color SO I had to lay each one out and paint them white. I chose Krylon Dual with paint and primer to knock two steps out at once. I spray painted each frame so they matched... See Below


3) Then I took my picture hangers, measured the center of the back of the frames and hammered them in.

4) Next add the ads that you want! I chose 6 different ones - A Gucci, a Marc Jacobs, a Valentino, a Dolce & Gabbana, a Bottega Veneta and a CHANEL. I also frames the Coach bag I had for the small wall next to the sink.

5) Now arrange them and hammer the nails in the wall in the spot you desire to hang them from!

Here is how mine turned out!




I LOVE THEM!!! And I get A LOT of compliments! Fun, easy and cheap! My boyfriend doesn't mind either because they're hot supermodels, Haha!

What would you frame? Supermodels? Cars? Art?

No comments:

Post a Comment