Sunday, February 26, 2012

'Create' Wall Art

Once I put the melted crayon art on my wall I realized how empty the wall of my craft room were. So I decided to make something else for the wall above my craft table. I wanted it to relate to crafting and to motivate me or remind me why I have that room in the first place. After thinking about it i came to the conclusion and this piece of wall art should just say CREATE. It is after all the name of my blog, what I love to do and it defines the purpose of that room!

Here is my how to for my 'Create' wall art piece...

SUPPLIES:
  • 5 Different Colors of Acrylic Paint
  • 5 Correlating Colors of String/Yarn
  • Glue
  • Cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • A Picture Frame
  • A Paint Brush
  • A Pencil
DIRECTIONS:

1) Take the piece of cardboard and the pencil, draw bubble letters in the font that you would like your word to be in. I wrote Create and did it in curly-ish font.

2) Cut the letters out!

3) Paint each letter in a different color with your acrylic paint. Let them dry. (Here is a link about acrylic paint, it's so versatile and one of my favorite things to work with... About Acrylic Paints)

4) When your letters are dry wrap them in the yarn/string in a scattered spaced out way. Similar to how you wrap your headphones around your iPod.

5) Fit the scrapbook paper to the frame and frame it. I removed the glass pane from the frame because I wanted 3D letters.

6) Glue the letters to the frames piece of scrapbook paper.

YOU'RE DONE!

here is mine...


What do you think? What word would/will you do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment